Maintaining our standards of customer service remains paramount to Landlord Action. Whist we will do our upmost to maintain our time frames for handling your complaint, due to the current situation with Covid-19, we are experiencing delays beyond our control. However, we will endeavour to limit any delays where possible.
Complaints Handling Procedure
Landlord Action Ltd
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
1. We will aim to send you a letter or email acknowledging receipt of your written complaint within 2 working days of receiving it (allowing for weekends and bank holidays) explaining who is dealing with the complaint and enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will record your complaint on our register and open a complaint file.
3. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our designated complaints handler who will review your complaint. We aim to provide a full response to your complaint within 10 working days, however if your complaint requires a more detailed investigation and requires more time, you will be informed accordingly.
4. We will then, if required, discuss the matter with you with the aim of resolving the complaint directly.
5. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the decision.
6. We will aim to write to you within a further 10 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If for any reason additional time is required to carry out the final review, we will let you know.
7. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint at:
PO Box 6806,
0300 555 0333
Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it).
Landlord Action Ltd
1st Floor, Lumiere, Elstree Way, Borehamwood WD6 1JH
0333 321 9415
Registered in England 08067511
SRA Number 605660
More about Landlord Action
Channel Five bosses have agreed the eye-opening first series of ‘Nightmare Tenants, Slum Landlords has only scratched the surface of the issues faced when the relationships between landlords and tenants break down. With the last episode in the current series due to air July 2015, a second series featuring Landlord Action has been commission and will be broadcast in March 2016.
The Property Hour on LBC 97.3fm every Thursday at 9pm.
Our Founder, Paul Shamplina is one of London’s loudest advocates for landlords and agents. You can hear him on LBC every week with Clive Bull.
Landlord Action has been around since 1999, so we’re frequently asked for our opinion. We have been quoted in over 300 articles by newspapers, magazines, radio and TV networks. Paul Shamplina, our founder, is often called on to advise journalists on landlords and tenant issues.
You can follow Paul on Twitter @PaulShamplina